[DML] Re: WHINEY BUTTS LIKE YOU!!

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000 JimiLime@xxxx wrote:

> with a request for tea. AND to the rest of the D owners that don't
> know how to change sparkplugs or remove finger prints, drink cup
> holders, etc. Never have I heard so many complaints about trivial
> problems as I have read here. Punks to grown men, having no ideal how

I see faint signs of a point here: why exactly does one post to the DML?

It is easy to do. People post to the DML with problems that they would
never call even a close friend with - just because it's so easy. The DML
is free to read and to post on... and it takes only about 15 seconds to
erase a message you don't care about. That means that a lot of trivial
messages get posted. I encourage anyone that finds the quantity of
trivial messages excessive to tell the moderators. (I'm sure the
moderators will love me for that <g>) Me, I don't have a problem with it
- but I get 1000 messages a day altogether, too.

> to solve simple problems for themselves. Reading the e-mails here, I
> see that the majority would rather "ask the group" as an easy way out

That's right... is that a problem? I've asked some stupid questions in my
day.

> rather than solve the problem, to earn the right to post the answer
> here. JUMP in with the shirt sleves rolled up and figure it out for
> yourselves. Then boast in the sunlight with your earned findings.

There are two ways to do something: "right" and "again". The DML helps
people that just want to do it right.

The DML is so valuable that some people use it as a substitute for the
parts manual or the shop manual. Everyone should have both of these books
(especially the parts manual, since you can download it free from
dmcnews.com). But people that use it as a substitute for experience, I
don't have a problem with. That's what it's here for.