[DML] Re: Future of Left Front Fenders...

dmc552-@xxxx wrote:
original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews/?start=7645
> In a message dated 3/10/00 11:00:08 PM Central Standard Time,
> dmc_norway@xxxx writes:
>
> << Some talks recently about the availability of the left front
fenders.
> Now, this is a serious problem to all DeLorean owners. All the other
> stainless body panels are readily available, but not the left front
fenders

> I would just like to add to this. The only currently available hoods
are the
> later model flat hoods (no flap or lines). My 81 creased hood was
recently
> damaged and now I find myself between a rock and a hard place. I
don't like
> the all flat hoods and now that the creased hoods are unavailable
from our
> parts suppliers I guess I am stuck buying a used hood that probably
has the X
> bracing showing through.
>
> I think that an experienced craftsperson could more easily replicate
a hood
> than a fender. But if anyone knows anything about this let them speak
up. I
> would certainly be interested in parts developed in this fashion.
>
> Dave
> VIN 5524
> You simply cannot ballpein a new fender out of stainless steel it is
to brittle(impossible) to shape by human muscle power,hence the
presses,about the only way to
make a Delorean fender is out of aluminum and the put the stainless
steel type of grain on it,it would not match perfect,but you could
leave it unpainted.

Claude
000570