[DML] Re: VIRUS ALERT !

DMC Joe wrote:

> TO ALL,
>
> WE HAVE RECEIVED SEVERAL EMAILS THROUGH THE DML THAT HAVE AN ATTACHMENT
> WHICH READS:
> ( Test: Pretty Park.exe :)
> DO NOT OPEN THIS ATTACHMENT; IT CONTAINS AN EMAIL VIRUS.
>
> WE DON'T OPEN EMAIL ATTACHMENTS THEREFORE WE HAVE NOT BEEN AFFECTED BY THIS
> VIRUS.
>
> DMC Joe / De Lorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>

List - here's a site that will tell you how to check your system
for the PrettyPark virus and repair it:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/prettypark.worm.html

If you bookmark Symantec's site, it is very useful in describing virus
fixes if you get one, and also has a section called "Virus Hoaxes" that
you can check when you see one of those ever present virus warning
messages.

Remember, Smokey Bear says only you can prevent the spread of viruses
(and misinformation about viruses! Don't double click strange .exe
files
that come over e-mail, and check on the validity of virus warnings
before you
send out warnings.

Mike Hirko
VIN 1387