[DML] Re: NEED TIRES? was TIRE HELP

mark@xxxx writes:

<< You really should use tires that match. Using tires with different grip
characteristics can cause handling problems, especially in bad weather when
you need the best handling possible.

I can highly recommend the Yokohama AVS-Intermediate >>

Dear DMLers-

I too am replacing my original NCT's. The factory originals look great, and
are practically like new, tread wise, with less than 13k miles on them. No
uneven wear. But if you get on your knees and look closely, there are some
very fine age cracks. Maybe someone on the list needs them.

I drive my D everywhere locally, at the legal limit. It's my daily driver,
but I live in a small town, 7 minutes from work. I'm thinking that at
sustained hiway speeds of 70, for hours on end, like driving out to Ken's big
show this summer, I'd better go with newer rubber. If you aren't a frequent
high speed driver, and would like to replace or backup your factory originals
with matching ones, let me know.

If I was an infrequent driver, I wouldn't blow $400 to change all mine to
new. Of course, you can't buy new NCT's anymore. And who wants to put one
oddball tire on a "pride and joy" car to replace a single damaged tire? Not
me. I got a free new front tire with my car, still with the label on, but I
don't want to use it, 'cause it won't match the three others. If you're
interested in these, contact me at deloreanernst@xxxxx (The letter before
the @ is a t.) I'd be willing to box, ship and sell them very reasonably.
Say, $40 for a front, 50 for a rear, shipping and handling included.

-Wayne A. Ernst
"Living the dream!"
VIN...11174