[DML] first delorean, #500

The car that the person was trapped in was at an auto show, not a museum. #500 was owned by Jeff Abrams, one of the executives from Consolidated International. he is mentioned in SSI as owning both #500 and the "last delorean produced" (#20195?). I wasunder the impression that the last car was the one they put the spare set of gold panels on, which was then raffled off. In any case, I believe Jeff donated #500 to the Crawford in Cleveland.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas

281/568-9573
800/USA-DMC1
http://www.usadmc.com

PS - it's nice to know that at least one person reads the e-mailgram from us! :) Thanks Rob!

I just got an e-mailgram from DMC Houston that talks about the Cleveland
show coming up in a few months. It mentions car #500 (the first DeLorean
ever sold) in a Cleveland museum. I also remember an incident mentioned in
Fallon's book "Dream Maker, The Rise and Fall of John Z. DeLorean" where
someone was trapped inside a car in a Cleveland museum for a few hours. I
think it was on page 390 or so. Do any of the Cleveland owners know how
long that car has been there? Mike Substelny? Anyone? I have pictures of
the car but the picture of the information didn't turn out. Any way to get
an idea if it's the same car or not?

--Rob Hook