[DML] Re: Spring Project ??'s...

In a message dated 2/21/00 6:52:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
orentha@xxxx writes:

<< 1) I am replacing the door struts( I'm just ordering them from DMC
Houston) Is
that the best place to get them??Also What is the installation
like? What
is involved in it, is it time consuming?? How would I go about
installing
them? >>
Hey James,

The door strut is probably one of the most easiest things to replace. All
you need is a needlenose pliers and someone strong enough to hold the door up
while you switch the struts. Just have the person hold the door up, then
using the needlenose pliers, just pull out those little clips that hold the
ball studs to the strut, then just hit the strut in the direction needed to
get the strut off the door and then position the new strut on top of the ball
stud and then just hit it on there again and then install those little clips
and your good to go...about a 5 minute job. Hope that helps.

Later,
Nick
VIN#1852