[DML] Re: Delorean in Australian "Unique Car" Magazine March 2000

[DML] Re: Delorean in Australian "Unique Car" Magazine March 2000

I just picked up the March issue of UC, and it's a pretty nice article. Your
car is very photogenic, Greg, coz those two pics are very nice :-)

However there are a couple of minor factual errors in the article, and their
figure of 6 DeLoreans in Australia is incorrect. I believe there may be up
to 10 DeLoreans in Australia, but here's what I know for a fact:

3 DeLoreans in NSW (owners: Lance Haslewood, William Junkins, Gary Hewett)
2 DeLoreans in QLD (owners: Mr. Scalia, Mr. Huang)
1 DeLorean in VIC (for sale, current owner unknown)
1 DeLorean in SA (Birdwood Museum, owner unknown)
1 DeLorean in WA (owner: Morris Brockwell)

There may also be a DeLorean in Tasmania (it was up for sale a couple of
years ago, but I don't know where it is now), and a second DeLorean in
Victoria and Western Australia, but I can't confirm that.

Anyway, despite that, it's worth picking up the magazine coz the article is
a nice read, and the pics are excellent. Maybe UC should do a feature on the
DeLoreans of New South Wales :-) BTW, William J., myself and my dad will be
putting our two DeLoreans in the Saint Patrick's Day Parade in Sydney next
month if anyone's interested in coming along to watch.

>This month's edition of Australian "Unique Car" has a feature on my Delorea=
>n #4162. We got 2 pages and 2 pics. These pics were selected out of a=
>bout 300 they took on a photo shoot in January. The article is fair and g=
>ives a good history of the DMC saga. This is a brief portion (3 paragraphs=
>) about the individual history of my car.
>
>I am delighted to have gotten the Delorean name into the popular motoring p=
>ress in Australia (Unique Car is the highest selling car mag in this countr=
>y). I hope in doing so I have raised general awareness of the Marque and h=
>opefully the values of our cars.
>
>Greg

Rick Haslewood
Sydney, Australia