[DML] Re: New DeLorean

 IT is possible for Mr. DeLroean to produce a new car. He could
get outside funding from people who would trust him with their
money in the new venture. True, he still has financial troubles, but
at least then he would have the capital to raise a new marque. Think
of all the limited production cars that have came back, and those that
are beginning. The limited production sports car market is seeing an
increase in models and sales, so with that, it is slightly possible to
introduce a new car along with the others. Now wheher or not if it would
last and live up to the competition would remain to be seen. Remember,
it took nearly 10 years to bring the DMC-12 to life, and John DeLorean
has
been at it again for the past 17 years! If anyone can do it, we all know
that he
can. Seeing how the original lagged behind on performance, he could
modify
the performance of the engine, design a new body style, and begin seeking

investors and raise capital. Look at the Avanti, it has been produced
for, what,
nearly 40 years now, and it's by no means stylish. If it can come out
with a new
car ( which it has been reported that they are) then I believe that
DeLorean could
produce a new car. Look at the new GM guy that's going to try his hand
at car
production with his "Loar" (check out Automobile, January 2000 ish). Do
not
believe that John DeLorean will not make a new car just because the talk
hasn't
given us a prototype yet, he has a thing for deadlines anyway, so it may
be a year,
maybe 10, but I feel that he is about to shock the world--again!

Thank You,
Robert
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.