[DML] Re: Shimmy when you apply brakes

Scot......

Warped brake rotors. Had the same problem with mine. Take the wheels and
measure the run-out. If it's really bad, over a few thousanths of an inch,
take them to the local machine shop and have them turned. Mine were warped
over .017 inches in the back and .013 in the front. All I know is the max
allowed run out on my Yukon is .003--and its rotors are TWICE the size.
Mine were just under the width minimums after they were cut, but it beats
buying new ones.

It's been six months, and I can already feel the shaking again (above 50
mph).
I have been VERY careful with them too. I've been braking WAY early,
getting off the pedal to let them cool, and down shifting my auto trans in 2
or even 1 when coming to a stop or going down a big hill.

I know I'll have to replace them sometime this year, but how long will it be
till they warp again? Probably not that long........... has anyone had any
luck cutting vents or drilling holes in that front sheild on the inner side
of the rotor?

--Jonathan #000697

gatewayaag@xxxx

My car seems to shimmy when you apply the brakes. The stearing wheel
shakes but everything else works. Any ideas? The car has 9,500 miles
on it.

Thanks,

Scot