[DML] Re: Fast idle

Thanks, I found that my microswitch was out of adjustment and I haven't
driven it yet but hopefully that will take care of it.

Thanks, Stephen 3525

Stephen,

I had a similar problem and I just figured it out last night! My Idle
Speed Microswitch was bad! I was able to pop the top off (well, ok break it
open) and I found out that the contacts were EXTREMELY corroded... I was
able to clean them and put the switch back together (with the help of some
super glue!) So I would recomend checking your switch before buying a new
ECU.

By the way the wiring diagram shows a capacitor in the wiring to the
microswitch, does anyone know where it is?? It seems that to be most
effective it should be near the switch, but I didn't see it anywhere... My
guess is the cap has failed and I was getting a lot of arching inside the
switch whiuch caused the corrosion... I don't want the same thing to happen
again! Also could someone give me the type and value of the cap?

Thanks,

Dan 6623