[DML] Re: Lambda counter

The Lambda counter is inside the car on the drivers side, near the
pedals. Is is a white box with a electrical connector, and the spedo
cable through it.

The counter was based on a "percentage of use" for the Lambda sensor (O2
Sensor). This box simply turns the "Lambda" light on when the counter
reaches 100%, letting you know that you should have the Lambda system
serviced (based on your mileage).

There is nothing all high-tech about this counter/light thing. It is
not like modern cars where the "check engine" light comes on when a real
problem is discovered. On my car, I just disconnected the light. I
was considering trying to modify the Lambda counter in to a speed sensor
for a cruise control. Then at least it will be useful!

As far as how much mileage you can expect form a well taken care of DMC,
I would hope that is infinity! I think there are a few DeLoreans around
with over 200K on them. The key is how well it is taken care of. I
think this is true of almost any car.