[DML] Re: dmc in t.o.

 Shannon,
(and fellow Canadian's on the list)

You're very close on it ... when I was hunting for my 'D' I assumed I
would have to bring it in from the US and checked on it, Canada Customs
and Revenue Agency has this to say on the issue:

"Usually, you cannot import used and second-hand motor vehicles that are
less than 15 years old from a country other than the United States."

As even the '83's are over 15 years ... there's no problem bringing
them in; Fortunately I was able to find one of the few Canadian spec.
DeLoreans (the 17xxx series) and didn't have to go this route.

I'm not a lawyer of course, so see:
http://www.ccra-adrc.gc.ca/customs/general/acis/individual/motorveh-e.ht
ml for more information ....

Michael.Fischer@xxxx
Manager, Software Development, Dittybase Inc.
www.dittybase.com

At 30/01/2000 01:15 PM -0500, Shannon Larratt wrote:
>I was in Ottawa visiting my parents over Thanksgiving last year and met

>with JD Robbins. He has a very nice Delorean that he imported into
Canada
>from California. He didn't seem to have any problem at all. As far as I

>know, he is still on this list, so I'm sure he could tell us how he did

>it if we asked him nicely! ;)

I'd sure like to hear that, since you can't bring a used car into Canada
unless it's over 20 years old. The only assumption I can make is that he
somehow scammed a Canadian registration?

Shannon