[DML] Re: Jump Start & Computers

> > You're correct about the electrical surge. One thing that is
> > really bad for the computer governor is jump starting the car.
>
> Could someone elaborate on this, please? When and how does the surge
> take place?

This is just a thought but in the event you would need to " jump start"
your car equiped with an auto trans, Would unplugging the harness
to the governor from the main electrical panel in the engine bay and
replacing
it with the " manual transmission " connector be a good way to avoid
damaging the governor ? This connector would "jumper " the start
inhibit relay and allow the starter to engage but would not allow
power to the governor. Of course, you would have to make
sure it was in park and the brake set. Again, this is just
a thought I had, I drive a manual car so I have never really
gave much thought to it. Actually, the car has never let me
down. Knock on stainless.

-Brandon
bsmoody@xxxx