[DML] buying D out of state

I am considereing a purchase of a Delorean very soon, and want to know
others experiences of purchasing out of state. Its not like I could
have the car inspected at the local Delorean dealer in that area. I
know the things I can check on my self, but when it comes to the
engine, tranny, and suspention/ brakes, I am not so sure, especially
when I would have to drive the car home out of state. I live in
central North Carolina, and one big location for D's seems to be
Atlanta, and so I figured there has to be a Volvo dealer around there
that might take a look. If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it.
Thanks