[DML] Fourth Stainless Car now Featured at Crawford

[DML] Fourth Stainless Car now Featured at Crawford

Recent readers of DeLorean World might remember an article I wrote last
year (issue 16.1) about the Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum here in
Cleveland. Not only does the Crawford's collection contain the first
production DeLorean (VIN 500) with 6 miles on its odometer, it also
contains a stainless 1936 Ford coupe and a stainless 1967 Lincoln
Continental. Undoubtedly the Crawford has the world's best collection
of stainless cars.

BTW: The Crawford Museum will be the location for the Friday night
banquet at Ken Koncelik's DeLorean Car Show June.

My DeLorean World article mentions production of pre-DeLorean stainless
cars as: six 1636 Ford Coupes, two 1960 Ford Thunderbirds, and three
1967 Lincoln Continentals. Over the years Allegheny Ludlum made all of
these cars in conjunction with Ford Motor Company to promote the
benefits of stainless steel. To date, John Z. DeLorean is the only car
maker to follow their example in a production model.

When I wrote the article, two of the three Lincolns and both of the
Thunderbirds were in storage in an Allegheny Ludlum warehouse. Except
for those two Thunderbirds, all of these important stainless cars were
represented in the Crawford's collection.

Yesterday, my wife Patti and I visited the Crawford doing a bit of
research for Ken's show. While we were there, museum workers rolled in
one of the stainless Thunderbirds! They placed it prominently on the
main banquet floor, right where we will have dinner in June.

Assuming the Crawford chooses to display them all, this June will be
your chance to see all of these stainless cars in one place. Be sure to
make it to Friday night's banquet!

- Mike Substelny