[DML] DMC 12 designation

To drag this thread on and on:    Two of the most authoratative blurbs we have for references , are the "Stainless Steel Illusion" Book and "DeLorean Gold Portfolio 1977-1995".   In the latter, on Page 168, is an interview by Robert Lamrock with John DeLorean which says:

"Robert Lamrock:  Could I start, John, by taking you back to the beginning and ask why the car was called the DMC 12?

John DeLorean:  Well, that was an internal code name that had developed right at the very beginning when our projected price was to be around $12,000 and that was, of course a much simpler car than the one we ultimately wound up with, so it sort of hung around.  I don't know why, but it just did."

Murray
Vin:05962 Lic: DMC-XII
Washington State