[DML] Re: DMC-12 question...again??

> I mean no disrespect to my fellow list members but I can't believe we
> are going to start yet another thread on what "DMC-12" means.
>
> Tom

I tend to agree with you Tom. However, I tried to locate a thread using
the "search" feature without any success. I intended to locate a suitable
thread and point Frank to it but had no luck. How do you use "search" to
locate a thread as obscure as "How did the DeLorean come to be designated
DMC-12?"? This particular subject cannot easily be searched as can
something like "overheating" or "antennas" or "wheels".

Obviously Frank (and others I'm sure) weren't around to read the previous
threads when they were fresh. There have been many, many other threads that
the moderators have allowed to be repeated time and time again in the
interest of allowing new members to air their views. I, for one, happen
to think that Frank had a legitimate question that is of general interest
to the DML, albeit repeated some time ago.

Finally, I do not agree that the "12" had anything to do with pricing,
regardless of what Nick reported as a response by JZD to a questionnaire.
JZD was never known as one to tell the "truth", the "whole truth", and
"nothing but the truth". I submit that Jack Singer's observation is
absolutely correct, and I will stick with that until I see concrete
evidence to the contrary. So far that hasn't been the case.

Regards,
Ed Thompson (#6419 since 1982)
Midlothian, VA