[DML] Re: Lukewarm Temp Starting

I had the same problem. The car started fine when hot and fine when cold,
but if it was in between I could forget it. The car tried to start but
wouldn't kick over. After trying everything else, cold start, thermo time
switch, etc, I replaced the fuel accumulator. The problem is gone, and hard
starts at any temperature are a thing of the past.

The car does essentially vapor lock. John Truscott of DOA explained how the
fuel accumulator doesn't close quickly enough and allows gas to go back into
the tank that should stay in the lines. The heat from the engine boils the
gas in the fuel distributor off and, hence, there isn't enough fuel to start
the engine. Once it cools down, the lines fill back with gas, and it doesn't
evaportate.

I'm sure the way I've explained it isn't exactly correct, but I do believe
replacing the accumulator will solve your problem. It certainly made a huge
difference in my DeLorean.

Brian
VIN 1597