From: "Tom Niemczewski" <tomcio@xxxx>
To: "DML" <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [DML] Re: High Import Tax in Canada? Look to Norway (not) or Poland (even more NOT)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 00:54:12 +0100

Hi all,
Guys! That is just problem of money! More or less, but it's 'just'(!) money.
In my case it's more complicated. I am trying to ship my D to Poland. Our
law does not allow anyone to import a car that is more than 10 years old. It
doesn't matter what car it is.... classic or not. I doesn't matter how much
one is willing to pay..... you CAN'T do it.
Right now I'm trying to find a way to go around that stupid law... there's
got to be a way.
Good luck to you....

Tom Niemczewski
tomcio@xxxx
vin 6298

-----Original Message----- From: Stian Birkeland <dmc_norway@xxxx> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Thursday, November 11, 1999 12:11 AM Subject: [DML] High Import Tax in Canada? Look to Norway (not)

>The Canadian import tax is nothing compared to the taxes in Norway...
>to get a good DeLorean imported, taxed and registered you have to pay about
>$ 7,000 (!)
>
>Calculation: Tax for the cars weight, kw, and ccm. VAT 23%, registration
>about $200,-
>
>We often say "Look to Norway". This expression does certainly not apply
when
>talking about Norwegian taxes...
>
>The positive thing is when the car reaches 30 years old, the taxes are no
>more than $400,-
>
>This also means that you must be out of your mind importing a DeLorean to
>Norway when the car is 29 years of age. Wait one year to achieve "classic
>status" and you save lots of $$$
>
>Best wishes
>Stian Birkeland
>NORWAY
>

>>Actually, I had a friend ship a car to Germany and it cost FAR less
>>than what it cost me to import a car from the US. The Canadian
>>government is insane with PST (8%), GST (7%) and duty (6.1%), plus the
>>$2500 it cost me to ship it.
>>
>>Frigging Canada.

>Before posting messages or replies, see the posting policy rules at:
>www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html

>moderator@xxxx
>

>eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews

www.dmcnews.com/Admin/rules.html

moderator@xxxx

-- 20 megs of disk space in your eGroup's Document Vault
-- http://www.egroups.com/docvault/dmcnews/?m=1