[DML] Re: K&N

Most K&N filters are just the air filter itself. While they do make
units to replace airboxes, that isn't something you will find for a D.

As to the air filter itself, there isn't an EXACT replacement K&N unit.
There is one that is VERY close, but would require some modification to
make it work. Basically it's just a little too small and would allow
air to leak around it which totally detroys the whole concept of an air
filter. More info is in archives including the part number.

I happen to know that a fellow list member will be offering a kit in
the near future that will include this K&N filter along with all
necessary parts to use it in a DeLorean and have it work properly. Bob
Brandys sort of mentions it in his Dyno Day post. The kit was tested
there to find out what sort of HP gains it offers. I don't have any
more information on it right now, and no pricing info yet. There will
be a post to the list sometime in the near future.

Mark N
VIN 6820

original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews/?start=4421