[DML] Re:Radio wires

> Does anyone out there know the color codes of the wires that plug into the
> Craig radio. I am replacing it with a Kenwood and knowing which wire goes
> where would save me a lot of time.
>
> Robert Starling
> Vin#5252

Robert!

I can give you the colors of the wiring in MY car, but I cannot guarantee
that the wiring of YOUR car is identical. I know of one guy whose wiring was
different, but we assumed that his pre-owner messed around with the wires.
If you haven't already done it, take a look at chapter M:18:17 of the
workshop manual to see how the speakers are connected:
You can see that the ground connections of the two righthand speakers are
combined and the same with the two lefthand speakers.
These 6 speaker lines, the +12V-line, the ignition-switched +12V-line and
the GND line are connected to one connector with 9 pins. That means, in the
CAR, you have a connector with 9 pins, and at the RADIO you should have the
counterpart, which fits into the CAR-connector.

Wire-colors of my GRAIG-RADIO, MODEL No. W460 (built-in clock, 6
station-preset buttons):

Power supply:
+12V (continuous) red
+12V (switched) orange
GND black

Speakers:
front, LH speaker (+) green
rear, LH speaker (+) brown
ground-line for those two speakers: purple

front, RH speaker (+) grey
rear, RH speaker (+) white
ground-line for those two speakers: blue

There is another wire coming from the radio, a pink one with a single, round
"cable-shoe". It's the control line for the electric antenna.

The (original) wire colors IN THE CAR are:

purple for the +12V (continuous), fused with 5A cable-fuse
green/white for the +12V (switched), fused with 5A cable-fuse
black for the supply-GND

black for the two speaker-ground- lines
black/white for the (+) speaker lines

Ralf.