[DML] Re: Unanswered DeLorean Questions

It funny you post this, I was about to respond to Erik's question about
the oil drain tool with a 'Check the archives' message, but wanted to
see is someone else already posted it to the list.

Frankly, I dont think that the message volume should be a factor in
deciding what messages to bounce... Especially when a topic (such as the
oil drain plug) has been covered SO MANY TIMES.

I will go as far to say that if the question is so basic that it would
be hard to believe that no one has asked it before, it should be bounced
no matter what..

I mean no personal insult to Erik (he just happens to be my
example--sorry!), but does he think he is the first person on the list
to try and change his own oil??

So I say Erik please check the archives for the answer to your question.

To the moderators, No matter what the traffic, as I see larger numbers
of messages that are just not worth my time to read, I will be more
likely to start deleting. I think other list old-timers will agree.

And now, back to our regular show-
Marc

Mike Substelny wrote:

<SNIP>
> The reason they might not receive answers is because the topics have
> already been covered extensively by the DML. Many subscribers will see
> the repeat topic and immediately delete the question without
> responding. If the DML were still running at a ridiculous pace (more
> than 100 postings per day in September) I would try to discourage these
> repeat topics. Right now there is room for them.
<SNIP>