[DML] Re: Help a Canadian Out, eh!

In a message dated 11/3/99 4:33:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mishka1@xxxx writes:

<< please help me out if you
know a guy who knows a guy who knows another guy that owns one in
Canada please tell me! >>
I recently responded to another Canadian remarking that you might be
surprised to find some under your nose... but when my son checked
www.traderonline today, there wasn't one listed in all of Canada! On the
other hand, you're closer to a lot of US D's than you are to one in, say,
Vancouver. One word of advice (to any buyer): talk to SEVERAL owners as well
as sellers before you buy. I had to hang onto my wallet to keep money from
jumping out of it at the first DeLorean I actually saw for sale. It was an
'82, carefully garaged but totally unrestored, for an asking price of
$17,000. I now know that it would probably need a minimum of $5,000, up to
$10,000. to make it a daily driver. I know, because there are a number of
fully restored D's in that same (asking) price range, or less. Not concours,
but really great looking. One guy on this (DML) list, also a teenager, is in
NJ selling his for an asking price around $8,000 but it needs work and $$$.
So, happy hunting! - Wayne