[DML] Rubber car covers

Message text written by INTERNET:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
>>Dave in Pittsburgh : I've found that a great storage cover can be made of
EDPM
rubber, thats the stuff they use on roofs, it's UV resistant and tough,<

This is not a good idea. A car cover that does not breathe will
trap moisture under the cover right where you don't want it.
<

Dave, I have to agree with Mike but also add if the ED compound contains
staining ingredients normally they dont but have you checked to see if the
rubber will not migration stain any plastic componants it is in contact
with. The fact that you said it was EDPM means that the material is likely
to be vulcanised with Sulphur and theres a lot of staining nasty by
products left over from the vulcanisation process. One other thing is, no
one needs worry much about roofing membrames staining anything they are in
contact with. One final thing the cheaper plasticisers used to extend
rubber also stain ( roofing is not a high $ item ). Just my $0.02 you may
want to reconsider or make sure first.

Regards
John Hanley