[DML] LIFT-O-MAT gas struts

James is absolutely correct, the Lift-O--Mat struts do not have the
dampening feature. We purchase all of our struts from DMC Houston & PJ
Grady because of their superior quality and damping valve feature.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>

----------
> From: dcsj@xxxx
>
> On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:29:26 -0500, James Espey wrote:
> >
> > The fact that the Lift-O--Mat struts do NOT have this dampener are the
> > reason that we do not sell those at DMC (Houston). I wasn't aware of
how
> > big of a difference that dampening feature made until I replaced my old
> > struts with some from Don this spring in Phoenix. Once it got warmer,
the
> > doors would seemingly fly open, causing a significant "bounce" at the
top
> > of their travel. This is really hard on the door hinges, and when I got
> > Houston, I mentioned it to our mechanic, Bill. he replaced them with a
> set
> > of our struts, that have the dampening valve in them and the problem
was
> > solved. When the door is opened, once the door reaches about 75-80% of
> its
> > travel, the valve kicks in and slows the door down so that when it
> reaches
> > the top of it's travel, it's moving slowly enough that there is no
> "bounce".
> >
> > Stabilus has shown no interest in creating their strut with a valve for
> > such a small market, so we have stuck with our current supplier.
> >
> > James Espey
>
> James thanks for the added info . However Don did tell me that the
> manufacturer has already made him a prototype set for him to try out .
> Perhaps they have changed there position on small market production runs.
He
> said that in his conversations with the developement dept., that they
were
> willing to make him anything he wanted. I guess only time will tell.
btw.