[DML] Cars sold outside normal channels

In addition to cars that were sold by authorized DeLorean dealerships,
there were some cars that were sold through other channels. I am aware of
the following:

- Some DeLoreans were sold at auction by the firm that transported them
from the factory to the docks (a little help here, Rob Lamrock?). How many
cars and their specifics are unknown to me, as well as their whereabouts
now.

- When the contents of the factory were auctioned off, several cars were
auctioned, too. Acording to the auction program, they were:

0717, automatic LHD
0513, automatic LHD
0796, manual LHD
0529, automatic LHD
0534, manual LHD
0510, manual RHD

And something described as "a Model Pilot 25" , manual LHD - I'm guessing
that this is a preproduction or prototype car? Rob, again?

- I just got a list of a LOT of very early cars that were sold by a
"Chestnut Fleet Rental", they appear to be the cars that are shown on an
internal memo as "Company Assigned DeLoreans".

- And finally, I think Consolidated International sold some DeLoreans in 1983.

Any others?

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas