[DML] Functions of the QAC's

Just a got a box of more factory paperwork from the warehouse in Columbus
today. One of the first little bits to catch my eye is the QAC Checklist
for VIN 2841. Twelve (12) pages of criteria to be checked before the car
can be shipped to the dealer.

It's far too lengthy to list it all here, from the range of items is pretty
broad. For example:

Page 11 - Place extra keys and owners manual in glovebox.

Page 11 - Remove and Replace door pull straps with upgraded straps (place D
ring to the the inside).

Page 11 - Record Spare Tire Serial Number.

(If I ever run across the list of these numbers, the concours rules WILL
change - HA!)

Page 10 - Paint Door Striker Pins

Page 9 - Install pad to cover hole at rear of gas tank.

Page 5 - One entire page on just the fueltank baffle checklist procedure.

This list is really amazing when you think that almost ALL the 8500+ cars
produced went through this. Incidentally, the work start on this car on Oct
9, 1981, and finished on Oct 13, 1981. I dont know if there was a weekend
in there or not, but that's still a lot of time to spend on a car.

Andrew talked about labels on his windshield, and this sheet mentions a red
dot to show the mechanical portion was completed.

Interesting reading...

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas