[DML] Re: Concour Manual

I have an '83 and my DMC Quality Assurance sticker is crooked and has a wrinkle in it. Kind of ironic that the Quality Assurance sticker was placed on with such indifference.

Brian
16584

>	"DMC Quality Assured" label on driver side fixed glass acceptable on
>	DDXXXXX VINs only.
>
>...but, I have an 82(CD)build with that sticker in place (and at a
>horrible angle too), see
>
>http://labwww.csv.cmich.edu/luke/auto/delorean/garage/17.jpg
>
>So, why would earlier builds be excluded?

It comes down to documentation. What can be documented as original and what
can't be. I have a copy of a DMC memorandum that says these labels were put
on the 83's, primarily to differentiate them from the 82's at a glance.
Unfortunately, you don't mention what your VIN is, but this wouldn't be the
first time that the "documentation" contradicted what was seen, or
contradicted other documents.

James Espey
DeLorean Motor Company
Houston, Texas