[DML] Look at your car. Chassis number and VIN

[DML] Look at your car. Chassis number and VIN

I am trying to come up with some correlation between chassis number and
VIN
in order to have some extra ammunition when I try to exchange my theft
title
and bill of sale from the insurance company for a 'rebuilt' title.

I need to show that there is a strong correlation (hopefull 1:1)
between VIN and Chassis number on the 1981 cars. Ga DMV is a PITA!

So for all who have 81 cars and do not mind taking a peek underneath
on the drivers side rear chassis/frame (hopefully your frame is not
so rusty that the plate is gone.

Looking down from the sky

front of car
-----------
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
||X || X = driver, LHD
|| ||
|| ||
|| ||
|| T ||
|| T ||
|| M ||
||* M || * = approx location of plate
-----------
rear bumper

Looking from read of car toward front

Top
----

| < will be here approx a foot
| from the end of the CHassis/frame
----
Bottom

ground

Numbers are big. Almost an inch tall on mine.
There are 6 of them. If they are the same as the
numbers on the tail end of your VIN, please let me know.
If not, please let me know along with the numbers here
and your corresponding VIN.

Thanks.

-bob