[DML] Re: Fwd: Lee' post re model "fraud"

[DML] Re: Fwd: Lee' post re model "fraud"

Dear List;
It is with great sadness and reluctance that I
wrie this reply to Lee's distorted airing of what I
intended first as a only slightly miffed private ist inquiry and which,
due to Lee's unexpectedl
and highly undeserved, in my opinion, reaction,
quickly escalated into a tempest.
Back near the beginning ofthe year, as a new
DMCer I wa excited at discovering, thru Lee's
posts that there might be a vacancy inthe
heretofore completely subscribed kit paid group of purchasers. ( I later
learned that there were
indeed either many kits avaiable- through
defetion due to simliar experiences or
exasperation with Lee as I now have
experienced? I dont know, were many kits
avaiable all along? Anyway, I spoke with Lee
and he told me that my kit should be ready
about 30 days after I sent him my credit card #
for payment in full at a quoted figure. When I
got my credit card statement he charged more
but so what, I was getting a kit. Since March,
even though I read many posts about
frustrations and inquiries about kits, both here
and on Lee's site, as well as Lee and Lee's
wife's posts about the numerous delays, I
remained silent and supportive of Lee even
though I had never pai a complete sranger
100pecnt in advance wih my credit card #. as
well based on a promise which was this month
was 6or700 percent overdue. I was prepared to
wait even longer( although Lee seems to admit he has been forced into
other refunds for failure to deliver) even after he theatened to raise
prices etc when he got mad before (apparently
unjustifiably based upon the reply I read here
from the alleged wrongdoer).
What prompted my private e mail below is
stated, as well as his unexpected punative bully like reply, which also
follows in its entirity' Lee punished me for daring to call into
question his
priorities, commitment to promises made,etc/ I
was expecting either an apology, explanation
or both. My fault, from what I had read to th is
point, I should have known who I was dealing
with.I hope the moderator will afford me the same rights that Lee was
given when he was allowed to quote one of my three private e mails to
Lee out of context when he conveniently neglected
to mention how this whole thing started, that I
didnt ask for a refund, that I didnt ask for an
special consideration or priority in getting my
kit, didn't call him a cheat , a fraud , a thief or
imply any of these.... only maybe that he was
neglecting those that had stuck with him without
question ( as to time of delivery of the kits only! in favor of the new
project of selling, in
wholesale amounts a new product- lit key
assemblies. My " legal " responses were only prompted by his highhanded
treatment of a benign private critic; I wasnt, and wont let him either
push me around based upon him controlling the means of production of
something I wanted> I also wont let him misrepresent was was said in
private betwwen us, on the List as a reading of all the emails both
below and in my following supplimental posts containing both his email
first offering me and then, in the same email again taking away my kit,
as well as my last comcillatory message which was answered with his
preemptory strike on the list , BTW Lee never really answered what
first asked. He cant because it now seems there is no defensable
answer.
If your interested, read it all and deside, as I did after reading the
reply of the last poor soul who Lee maligned on the List.Also BTW I
only signed my email to him in that imperial manner to gently lobby
him to discontimue his heraldic closings on the List . Moral : he's
"fed up" and he"doesn't care" anymore as he states Dont question him or
perhaps worse will happen to you as he states me will not refund anyone
else and has "no idea when the kits will ne completed. Lee remember it
was you who decided to go public with this. I started and stayed private
, Lee,?Its not my fault you got to this state, whose fault is it?
Michael Solomon #2904

--- Begin Message ---
At 10:14 PM 10/5/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Lee,
>I note with some interest that you are now marketing, both wholesale and
>retail, several types of keys on the DML.
>I paid you for my kit last March and still have no idea when I will have
>it. You promised it to me by May . You and your wife have repeatedly
>posted your various reasons and excuses for slow production and until
>now I have benn silent in my patience, but how and why do you have time
>for the keys at the expense of my kit that you have had the benefit of
>my $$ for 7 months?

Your problem is easily solved. I am sending you a full refund as of today.

I note that you failed to include your Reservation number which is 032/61.

You noted that there have been many excuses for delays, I disagree with
your term excuse.
I have repeated many times that this project to do a limited edition model
commission
has turned out to be far more time consuming than I had originally thought
it would be and have shared the reasons with every one publicly. Creating
the kits is not now and has never been a profit making venture. It is a
pastime which I do when I have the time, just as I do with the keys. I
still have to work like every one else.

Keys take an hour each not including the handling and shipping, kits take
several days each
over a period of 7 to 10 days of curing and assembly of parts. The entire
process is by hand, and every imperfect part is discarded and re done.

I posted recently that because an owner attempted to defraud me of a kit
selling a second kit requested to replace a lost in shipment kit on e-bay
for $400+ That the only way I could deal with this was to, stop shipping as
the kits were completed and hold them all until all were completed, then
ship every remaining kit with new updated shipping fees and adult
signatures required to prevent a reoccurrence of the attempted theft of a kit.

At this point I really don't know when I will get all the kits done, when
they are then and only then will I start shipping again, and even then only
if the shipping charges are paid in full.

Of course all this is now moot in your case. Your refund is on it's way.

Lee

support@xxxx

--- End Message ---