[DML] Re: Too Much For A Teen To Handle?

[DML] Re: Too Much For A Teen To Handle?

I'm hardly an expert, but I'd have to say that the answer is definately
Yes/No. :-)

Yes - If you are really into cars you can probably handle the day-to-day
maintenance of the vehicle. The manuals and parts are readily
available, and I think the car seems reasonably serviceable by your
average "Saturday afternoon" mechanic.

No - However, youg drivers tend to be somewhat inexperienced drivers,
and will therefore be much more likely to be involved in a stupid
fender-bender or two. I know, as I'm only 20 myself, and can remember
my first wreck quite well. It was just a silly little mistake, but the
kind of thing that's very common among drivers with little real
experience behind the wheel. The problem is that the Delorean is just
going to be SOOO expensive to repair if you sustain body damage, that
those costs alone may be prohibitive.

So, I guess my real answer is... tell us a little more about yourself.
:) If you're 18 and have a good 50,000 miles behind you, I'd say go for
it. The "D" is a fantastic car, and I believe that you'll love every
minute of driving/tinkering with it.

OTOH, if you're a 16 yr old, and this is going to be your first car and
daily driver, I'd tend to say that you should hold off on things for a
while.

Hope that helps,

Jess
http://www.biddin.com/delorean/