[DML] Bricklin Parts

There seems to be some confusion over the roles of Consolidated
International and Kapac regarding the liquidation of the DeLorean factory
Consolidated liquidated both DeLorean and Bricklin. Kapac's owner, Marvin
Kantz, was a friend of someone at Consolidated and was approached about
buying the remaining stock of parts. While Consolidated sold the remaining
DeLoreans, Kapac ended up with the parts. Marvin said he spent $40,000
having divers look over the sunken body dies. The estimated cost of buying
the salvage rights to them and the actual salvage process exceeded the
expected return on making and selling those panels. Interestingly, Marvin
told James Espey and I that he had the divers check the dies but I also
heard John DeLorean say in a T.V. interview that it was he who did that. I
guess we can take our choice as to who did what.

Bruce Benson