[DML] Re: Interesting-looking car

The car shown on the pictures called Z9 is a vision from BMW designers of a next
generation 4 seat sports coupe. You could open the doors in two ways. Like
standard doors if you want only access to the front seats and like gullwings
doors if you want access to the backseats to. The car is actually displayed at
the International Car Show (IAA) in Frankfurt and it seems it never went into
produktion.

But it seems this kind of doors will have a renaissance. Mercedes-Benz is
premiering its new futuristic high-performance sports car called SLR. The cars
uses a kind of jackknife doors like the lamborghini.
http://www.mercedes-benz.com/e/about/fairs/iaa99/iaa_99_f080_www01.htm

It seems BMW and Mercedes now know what DeLorean knew twenty years ago. These
doors are extremly "sexy" and are always good for turning heads

--
Michael Reinemuth
eMail: micha@xxxx - Heidelberg, Germany