[DML] Help!!!

Hi guys and gals,

I'm new to the list. I've owned an early 1981 (VIN 2109) since it was
produced. Although I love the car, I've not been an active enthusiast. So,
I need some advice -- here's the problem.

For the past year I've had an intermittent problem; the car just stalls for
no apparent reason. Typically, it will restart only after waiting for
anywhere from 5 minutes to a couple of hours. I've had the car at my trusted
local mechanic for two months now without success in fixing the problem. The
ignition coil has been replaced.

Could it be the impulse coil in the distributor shorting out when hot? Could
it be the inertia switch failing and shutting off the fuel pump? Anything
else? Any suggestions on how to check it out?

Thanks

Ron