[DML] Re: What is it about Left Front Fenders?

[DML] Re: What is it about Left Front Fenders?

> HI! I have heard previous posts in the past about the left front fenders
> but

I attended one of the Kapac open houses about three years ago and Marvin
Kantz, the fellow that bought the remaining DeLorean parts in Ireland and
shipped them to Columbus, was there. James Espy and I walked with him
through some of the isles of parts and as we walked he related some of the
story about his obtaining those parts. All of the parts were crated and the
boxes were marked as to their contents. There were two crates, one marked
right front fenders and one marked left. The time involved in shipping the
crates to Columbus and getting them unpacked was lengthy. When they finaly
got to the crates with the front fenders, the left fender crate had been
mis-marked. He had two crates of right front fenders. He led us to belive
that he had left some parts behind. I seem to remember reading that he
brought enough to build 1,000 DeLoreans. Anyway, he said his people went
back to Belfast to find the left fenders but anything left behind had been
bulldozed into the dirt and destroyed. Some of his recollections conflicted
with what I'd heard John DeLorean say in talk show interviews but I have no
reason to doubt that this story is true.

Bruce Benson