[DML] Re: NCT Tires

Ryan wrote:

>The original tires on the DeLorean were Goodyear NCTs. If memory
serves, Goodyear stopped making that tire. Why exactly is this?<

The short answer is 20 years of tire development. Goodyear still makes
NCTs from time to time, usually not in the sizes we need for our cars. There
are other Goodyear tires that are made in place of NCTs, (Eagles, etc),
but they tend to be made in "modern" sizes - 15-17 inch wheels, low profile
sidewalls, etc.

Mike Griese
Storage Software Development Manager
IBM Storage Systems Division