[DML] Front Plates

Further to this discussion: I suspect that even in states that require
front plates the level of enforcement depends greatly upon the officer you
encounter. Another factor is the amount of use of laser detectors in you
area. They are aimed at the front plate and, of course, if you don't have
one, you irritate the cop who is trying to test your speed.

The aftermarket license plate holder that is available is a very good piece
of equipment. It postitions your plate dead center, right to left and top
to bottom of the front fascia. While I don't care for front plates, the
car looks pretty good with this holder.

When I go to car shows, I remove the front plate (not the holder) and
substitue the "DMC" plate. Looks great. However, once I was returning
from a show and I had forgotten to replace the "DMC" plate with the regular
Colorado plate and I was stopped by an Utah HP because he couldn't figure
out what state the plate represented. Needless to say, it soon became
obvious that he really wanted an up front look at a DeLorean. I
accomodated him and after a nice chat we parted without a ticket or a
warning.

BTW, so as to make the holder inconspicuous, I got the Black stainless
steel (PJ GRADY). You'd swear that the front plate is floating right in
front of the bumper.

Dick Ryan
VIN 16867