[DML] Re: 350 in a D?

I think this is going to vary greatly according to what other cars you have
worked with as to the ease of repairs, and vary with the individual cars as
far as reliability.

I want to state first that we've only owned our D for about 6 months, so
others with longer experience may feel free to differ with my opinion :)

We've put about 3000 miles on it in that time. The ONLY thing that has
failed was the fuel pump and I aggravated that by running it out of gas.
This, from a car that has been in storage for 12 years or more is pretty
remarkable in my opinion.

As far as ease of working on a D, well, that depends. I'd MUCH rather work
on a '65 Mustang. That's easy! But, compared to my '95 Ford Probe GT that I
drive to work daily, the D is very easy to work on. Lots more room in the
engine compartment. The dash disassembles easier. Lots of other things that
are easier, or no harder than working on a new FWD car.

Just my $.02!!

Mark N
VIN 6820

At 06:04 PM 9/15/99 -0400, Robert Myers wrote:
>Robert,
>You must have been drinking heavily when you wrote about the "ease" of
>working on a Delorean.
<snip>
And reliable, please. Nothing works right half the time
<snip>

sincerely R.M.