[DML] Re: Door Latches

> From: Todd Bankhead <bankhead@xxxx>
> I am preforming the "Door Latch Controls Setting Procedure" and have some
> questions. So here goes:
>
> 1) I have noticed a lot of play in the latches themselves. When I
manually
> close the latches (doors open), the latches wiggle in there little
> housings. Is this normal?

YES

> 2) When driving the car, the right side door sounds like it is rattling
or
> bouncing with most bumps. When I look over at the door after a few
bumps,
> it looks as if the door has come open a bit (i.e. I can see light coming
in
> from the bottom) even though the door was shut securely. Is the bouncing
> door due to loose latches and if so, why isn't the driver side door
> rattling (all four latches have the play)?

THE STRIKER PIN FOR THAT LATCH IS OUT OF ALIGNMENT.

> 3) While I'm here (inside the doors), is there a way to test the door
lock
> solenoids? I'm considering the Lockzilla and want to know how much I'm
in
> for.

UNPLUG THE SOLENOID YOU ARE TESTING AND QUICKLY TOUCH EACH PIN IN THE
WIRING CONNECTOR WITH A 12 VOLT TEST LEAD. TOUCHING ONE PIN WILL CAUSE THE
UNIT TO ACTIVATE IN ONE DIRECTION AND THE OTHER PIN WILL CAUSE ACTIVATION
IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION.

CAUTION: CONTINUIOUS APPLICATION OF 12 VOLTS TO EITHER SOLONIOD CAN CAUSE
PERMINANT DAMAGE TO THAT COMPONENT.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>