[DML] Re: headliners

I did mine myself without too much trouble. Once you have your new material, take the old
cloth off the headliner panel, (or as much will come off in one piece) and use it as a pattern
for cutting out your new piece. Don't expect the foam backing to come off with the fabric,
you'll probably have to scrape that off later.
After applying the 3M Super Strength 99 glue (make sure to buy that kind!!) to the now
bare door headliner board, start pushing the new piece of fabric down in the center and work
your way out. Be careful that the new fabric doesn't fold over itself in the recessed area on
the board. You can avoid this by stretching the fabric carefully at the appropriate places.
Total cost for the entire roof is about $20 depending on where you get your fabric.
I am not compensated in any way to endorse 3M products, it's just that if you don't use
this particular brand (available at home goods stores) your headliner will fall back down
after a few months. This 3M stuff is STRONG...it's holding my side view mirror on right now!!

Good luck,
Josh
VIN 5102