[DML] Re: More-interesting-than-usual governor computer problem

[DML] Re: More-interesting-than-usual governor computer problem

Pete,

Check the plug going from the governor to the transmission on the passenger
side. (where it goes into the transmission) If this is misaligned, it will
cause the reverse lights to come on while in park and cause some of the
other problems you are having. Jack the car up and turn the key to the 'on'
position (red lights on dash come on) Your reverse lights will be on (being
in park of course) and then get up under the car and nudge the cable at the
transmission to the left, right, or towards the transmission. Have someone
looking at your reverse lights to let you know when they go out. You should
also have a bracket that holds the cable in place. If you don't, this is
probably the problem.

As far as rebuilt units, A friend of mine, who is an electrical engineer,
helped me rebuild mine. We went with stronger components and also removed
the circuit boards from the governor and mounted them in the compartment
behind the driver's seat. We did this due to the heat of the transmission
and the dirt and oil it collected. The unit is removable and easily
repairable if needed. So far, so good. We are looking to offer this unit
for sale soon. If you are interested, please let me know.

Thanks,

Duke