people, and saved in an archive for all eternity (or until we stop paying
the bill for the server).

(1) No Flaming - on or off line. "Just Be Nice"
(2) Do your homework. Please read any relevant FAQs at www.dmcnews.com
or manuals first.
(3) Stay on topic. DeLorean: the Automobile, Company, Man. NO chain
letters or political endorsements.
(4) No copyrighted materials.
(5) KISS -- Keep It Short and Simple. Trim quoted material, and keep
your signatures short.
(6) Use an appropriate subject. Summarize your post in the subject.
Descriptive subjects get more attention.
(7) Use discretion. Post prudently, and send private emails when
appropriate.

If you are ever in doubt about the rules, consult the Moderator first.

To clarify, the following types of messages are not okay:
* Spam, chain mail, or virus warnings (posting these is grounds for removal)
* Commercial notices other than pertaining to the DeLorean. See
http://www.dmcnews.com/misc/vendor_rules.html for clarification.
* Questions asking if the DML has covered a topic previously (use our Web
search engines, see below)
* Questions relating to a DML subscription (send email to
<moderator@xxxx>)
* Me-too ("I think so too") postings
* Anything not related to the DeLorean automobile, company and man.
* Obviously personal replies (should be done via private email). If someone
posts an item for sale or needed, reply directly to them.
* Postings from people wanting to buy a "cheap" DeLorean in great condition
* Where's Waldo" postings -i.e. "I saw a DMC at the corner of such and
such - are you on the list?" There are perhaps 500 owners on the list, and
7000+ DeLoreans out there driving around. Chances are slim.
* Quoting entire messages/threads and then only adding a few lines of new
content
* Back to the Future postings should be directed to the Back To The Future
(BTTF) Mailing List on eGroups.
* Messages with huge ASCII-art signatures.
* Anything else we feel is inappropriate.
As always, if you are unsure if a subject has already been addressed by the
DeLorean Mailing List, PLEASE search the archives!

All of the back issues are archived and searchable. Over four years of
information at your fingertips! We hope to keep the volume of postings
moderate to avoid overwhelming subscribers. Also, we're more likely to post
messages that are well-reasoned, well-written, and avoid unnecessary
vitriol. Don't take message rejection personally; it will be done in the
interests of making the list a useful resource for us all.

Spelling counts - the archive-search utilities only match real words.

Before posting, search the archives! www.dmcnews.com/search.html has them up
until April '99, they are on the eGroups website at
http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews/info.html since then.

Thank you!
Moderator Team, DMC-News, The DeLorean Mailing List

Dave, Marty, Knut, Bruce, Mike, and Dick