[DML] Re: Where does this Hose go?

> There is this hose in my Engine compartment and I can't figure out where
> it goes?

IT IS A LITTLE DIFFICULT TO TELL, BASED OF THE LIGHTING, IF THIS IS THE
WARM-UP REGULATOR VACUM HOSE. IF YOU CAN SEND ME A SIMILAR PICTURE TAKEN
FOM THE LEFT SIDE OF THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT I WILL BE ABLE TO SHOW YOU
WHERE THIS HOSE IS CONNECTED.

> And there is a canister that is loose and the hose attached to it is
> also loose. Is this some I need to fix?

THE CANNISTER ITEM IS ACTUALLY THE OIL BREATHER. DISSCONNECT THE AIR
CLEANER HOSE & PULL THE UNIT OUT OF THE PIPE IT SITS IN.
YOU WILL NOTICE A BLACK RUBBER "O" RING CLOSE TO THE UPPER EDGE OF THE
UNIT. THE "O" RING WILL BE LOOSE OR MISSING. REPLACING THIS PART WILL ALLOW
THE UNIT TO SIT FIRMILY IN THE VENT PIPE.

> Also in the Second photo I'm missing the In take hose..Is there a
> substitute hose that I can use like off a dryer or is that a bad idea?
>
> I DIDN'T SEE THE 2ND PIX. BUT IT SOUNS LIKE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE
LARGE RIBBED HOSE THAT CONNECTS THE AIR CLEANER TO THE AIR INLET DUCT. This
is an unusual hose and may be difficult to find at you local auto parts
store. It is available from DeLorean parts suppliers as item # 105927G
priced under $20.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>