[DML] Re: Financing a D...

dmcvega-@xxxx wrote:
Although going through an exotic car dealer for financing isn't
unusual, it can be a challenge to finace a DeLorean anywhere(even I
have asked this question before). Some places are afraid of the car
because of it's breed, and some it's age.(20 y/o 2 cars, one paid off,
2 credit cars, never ever any late payments, still turned down!) Right
now I am getting into a Credit Union for financing, and everyone there
has been very promising, so it's not always what you're dealing with,
as it is, who you're dealing with. I've had dealings with KC Imports
before, very helpful and extremely nice. But, however, they do their
financing through J.J.'s Best, and they are the worst when it comes to
financing D's! I believe that there are other list members who have had
unpleaseant dealings with them as well as myself. Chances are though,
thats who the dealer went through. Finally, you should ALWAYS care what
shape a car is in! I don't doubt that you'll take good car of the car,
but there's a differance between maintain, upgrade, and restore. You
want you car (at least your first) to be something that you'll drive
around & take pride in! Not something that's sitting in the drive way,
you're making payments on, and is frustrating you!

-Robert

original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/dmcnews/?start=2687