[DML] Re: Spin Balancing

Dick,
I know what you mean, we are lucky here in Atlanta to have a shop that
I routinely performs spin balances at rates just slightly more than Pep
Boys.

I am not surprised with your good experience with the computer balance.
It appears that the Yokohamas, which we love, are more forgiving than other
brands.

I think this would be a good time for me to share my experience with this
alignment facility.

Shortly after I purchased my DeLorean I noticed some disturbing tire wear
on my factory installed NCT's associated with wheel shimmy at 55 mph and
over. At less than 7000 miles I had the tires replaced by NTW, now NTB.
Within the next 3000 miles the same ware patterns started to develop.

During this period of time I was contracted to do consulting work with
one of the local DeLorean dealerships. While working in their shop and
sharing information with their factory trained mechanic he said the
following
when I mentioned my tire problems. "Yeah; I know what you mean. Most of the
cars coming from the factory are out of alignment. We now send the cars
directly to an alignment shop when they come off the truck."

The alignment shop is still in business with the same owner and still
does all of our DeLorean alignment work.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>