[DML] D M D

This is the first set of images of my DeLorean model on the web. The DMD website is in the works and will be up on the webring soon. Please consider that these images have been lowered in quality to shrink the file from a massive 1.2 meg down to 64k

Every car is built to order and takes many hours to complete. Many materials are used including metal, before final airbrush/painting. The car is a solid display model. This dictates tinted windows and no moving parts. The detail is so intricate that you can see the tread & text on the tyres. The finished car is VERY heavy. Every DMC-12 (unless otherwise requested) is mounted on a dark wooden plaque with a genuine DELOREAN nameplate (as seen on the hoods of 1983 cars). Each customised hand-built DMC is sent out all over the world from sunny Manchester in Great Britain.

I can have the model match your DMC exactly if you wish (fuel filler cap, slats on the hood etc). I have also had requests for gold and coloured cars, rather than the stainless finish.

The price is extremely less than the original $12000 thought up at concept stage in the late 1970's (hence DMC-12), however the cars went for $25000 and over when finally sold in 1981. The 1/24 scale DMC's I am manufacturing are less expensive than even 1/24 of the original figure. Exclusive of recorded postage and packaging comes to £250 or $390.

Alternatively unprepared and unpainted cars are available. You would get detailed instructions on how to prepare and attach the final parts such as the mirrors, exhaust system and wheels etc. Please be aware that additional sandpaper, paint and patience are required as many hours are required for completion. Without the plaque, nameplate and exclusive of recorded postage and packaging comes to £125 or $195.

As for pictures, I have only just started to distribute across the Net so I will be creating a Model DeLorean Dealership web page in the near future showing all the details, images, movies and options available.

If there are any questions do not hesitate in asking?

Regards

Christopher M. Hawes
CMHDevelopment@xxxx
Manchester, UK