[DML] Re: Antenna Technology Idea

This is not quite the same as Antenna Diversity. I own a new MobilES
unit (CDXE-7850) and it does not have any obvious way of hooking a
second antenna to it. Of course, I did not read the instructions that
came with it. :)

I found on the sony web site they have a feature called "Adaptive
Reception", and is defined as follows:

Adaptive Reception:

Sony's proprietary SSIR-EX
tuner technology which can
actually adjust the tuner's
bandwidth, depending on
current environmental
conditions. Improved sound
quality and adjacent station
interference result.

Adaptive Reception is not Antenna Diversity, and I would guess this
technology improves radio performance similar to Antenna Diversity so
the combination of both would be a major improvement.