[DML] Re: tinny sound

> delorean502@xxxx wrote:
>
> when i accelorate really fast, my engine makes this tinny noise, like a
> tin can being flicked by your finger really fast. i've heard this
> sound in just about every car i have riden in or drove, but i was just
> wondering what makes that noise and how i can get rid of it.

It could easily be pre-ignition. An easy way to find out is to run your
gas tank nearly empty and then fill up with the best grade of premium gas
you can find (at least 93 octane). If the pinging is pre-ignition it
should go away with the premium gasoline. If not, back to the drawing
board, but you will have eliminated pre-ignition as the problem.

> another thing, when i turn right really hard, my front left makes a knocking
> noise. PLEASE don't tell me its my U-joints....PLEASE!!

OK, I won't. I assume you are talking about a DeLorean here. I am not
aware of any DeLoreans that were built with U-joints in the front. (Could
there have been a 4-wheel drive version??!! Man, talk about a goer in the
snow!!)

Regards,
Ed Thompson (#6419 since 1982)
Midlothian, VA