[DML] Re: Problem with bad press

Folks,

This English tabloid writer is something else with his article.

I had many English cars in my life time ranging from Rolls Royces, Bentleys,
Jaguars, and other marques. I had driven many other English cars too. Some
are good and many are less desirable on my or anyone's list.

I still have a "Crew" manufactured 1957 Bentley since 1973. All of these
cars has and are plagued with problems. To start with, Lucas electrical
system! Need I say more? Wire for fire or hope for no smoke?

Did this tabloid writer every address these automotive problems of his own
country's marques? Many of my friends who are car connoisseurs jeer and
laugh at the English cars. I still kept the English car for what it is, for
its good or its bad.

The DeLorean is a considered an English manufactured motor car. It is made
in Ireland, so it is English? Maybe this writer don't like IRISH produced
cars from an American engineer?

Since his writing is so able and keen to surgically cut up the DeLorean
motorcar on its weakness, maybe he should put his criticisms where it is
necessary -- to help save his country's automotive industries. This writer
should have addressed his own country's automotive problems and manufactures
like R-R will not have fallen into BMW, Bentley will not fallen into VW and
Jaguar wouldn't have fallen into the Ford ownership. Which English auto
manufacture is next?

We, the DeLorean owners of the and users of the DMC-12, we understand our
cars and we know how wrong this writer is.
After all, Mr. John Z. DeLorean knew the problems with GM. He addressed it
by boosting GM from it financial down slide with his GTO. He had saved GM's
other branches with his great innovations for the Chevy Blazer and the
Corvette. He had "saved" GM several times and given it life back then.

"God Save the Queen" and the English Cars -- what ever is still left.

Kayo Ong
#05508
Lic 9D NY