[DML] Melted Inertia Switch

Traveled to Rob Gradys this past week for the first time and had them go
over my car. Well.....I'm glad I did. When I was getting ready to leave
at midnight from Maine my car wouldn't start!!! It had been fine..this
was the 1st time ever that it wouldn't start. Good timing, eh?

Well, since the car was dead I went to bed all pissed off. As I laid
there I remembered I had been looking under that part of the car earlier
in the day making a list of stuff I wanted Rob to look at. I thought
perhaps I hit the inertia switch or something stupid like that.....So, I
went back into the barn and pulled up on the plunger and it didn't stay
up. Now at the time I didn't know that I was supposed to stay up, It
just snapped back down. But I tried to start it again and YES!!! it
started. So I repacked the car and headed to New York.

During the 200 point inspection Rob come over to me and showed me the
switch AND the wiring harness....both were melted!!! It shorted out
somehow. Rob was amazed that I even made it. Rob wanted to keep the
switch as a "show and tell" as he said he hadn't seen one do that
before. So, if your car hasn't had the inertia switch looked at
recently, give it a peek. I guess there was a recall on this? so that
it's mounted in a different place?

I enjoyed my stay in New york and got alot of safety issues taken care
of. It's nice to have someone working on your car that actually knows
what they are doing. I only wish I lived closer to New York! The
Throgs Neck Bridge is a bear at rush hour!!!